Bridge of Life Values
1. Individual potential and diversity
- We believe that every member of our congregation is significant, endowed by our Father with spiritual gifts and a calling to ministry.
- We believe that we are able to give a richer expression of God’s glory when members of our congregation come from diverse cultural, racial, social and economic backgrounds.
2. Personal relationships
- We recognize the value of honest, transparent communication. We seek to provide an atmosphere where every member can speak the truth in love.
- We believe that trust in the leadership is built by providing open information.
3. God’s blessing
- We believe that God receives glory by manifesting His power in our personal lives. We value His blessing in every area of life, including our redemption, our emotional state, our health and our finances.
- We believe that God receives glory by manifesting His power in our church. We value all of the gifts of the Holy Spirit given in 1 Corinthians 11 which build our faith in God. We value the governmental gifts of Ephesians 4:11 because they give us God’s order for the church.
4. Servant leadership
- We believe that the Scripture teaches that God has given gifts of leadership to the church to equip all members for ministry.
- We believe that mentoring and discipleship are the biblical models for ministry training.
5. The biblical model of the family
- Our children are the heritage of the Lord. We take seriously our responsibility to nurture them in His ways.
- We value every family, and seek to train men and women in their biblical roles within the family.
- We believe that our Father has endowed us with creative gifts which carry the responsibility of giving Him glory in all things.
- We feel called to provide an atmosphere where all can worship with abandonment and honest expression.
- We believe that the release of creative gifts in the arts will greatly impact our potential to fulfill the great commission.
7. The consistency of absolutes (as revealed in the Bible)
- We believe that the Holy Scriptures reveal a moral standard that provides mankind with a foundation that is consistent and secure.
- We believe that the Holy Scriptures reveal the foundational principles of the universe which provide a consistent pattern for success in all areas of life. We believe that the Scriptures give an infallible standard for faith and practice.